Thursday, June 14, 2012

Oh BABY!

Lately all I can think about is my baby. How exciting it is to be having your own little one! It's like
nothing else. Your body goes through so many changes and your life is just turned upside down. (In a good way of course.) My husband and I had a wonderful experience a few weeks ago. On May 25, 2012 we had an ultrasound. That was the day we had found out what our little bundle of joy was. That is why I chose the color blue. :) We are having a beautiful baby boy!! We've already got a name for him. But I feel a little sorry for him..just a little. Wyatt Alexander Kepano Littlewood. In Alex's family the men have a tradition. The first born son it to have his fathers name as his middle name. And since I'm Hawaiian I wanted to keep the tradition going of having a Hawaiian name. That is where the name Kepano comes in. Kepano is my dads name in Hawaiian. Stephen. Wyatt Alexander Kepano (Stephen) Littlewood. Such a long name, but I am not sorry. I love his name. 
Before we found out everyone thought we were having a girl. Not to brag or say 'I told you so'... But I told everyone it would be a boy..and who was right?? ME! :) It was so funny. The day we found out I called my mom. She was so stuck on him being a girl. She was sure of it. But if you know me I try to make everything fun. I told my mom that they had heard another heartbeat. She started freaking out! She didn't want to believe me until she had the proof. Dang. She knows all too well. But of course her response was "Pua, I can't talk. I need a Diet Coke." Silly Mom. Her and her Diet Cokes. :)
Technology has come along way. Now when you get your ultrasound done to find out what you are having you not only get pictures to keep but also a DVD!! You get to see your entire appointment. How cool is that?! Ummm yeah. Way cool. 
Now I couldn't help myself. I cried. When the lady had asked us if we wanted to know what we were having of course we both said yes!! Who wouldn't?! (I honestly can't imagine not knowing til he or she were to get here.) It was right after we had both answered her she had moved her instrument around to show us...It was plain as day. You could definitely tell he was a boy! Oh man..I was going to have a little boy!! (Although, I can't lie. I felt a small tinge of sadness. In the back of my mind I had wanted to buy all these cute little pink frilly things for a girl..But I wouldn't change it for anything!!) I cried..and maybe this is just me..I think I saw Alex tear up a little..After the appointment had finished I had asked him if he was happy. And he truly was. He was afraid that if we had a little girl he would be completely wrapped around her little fingers. She would definitely get her way. Daddy's little girl. 
I think it's already decided. I'm going to end up playing the bad cop. Meaning I am going to be the pain in the butt parent. Which doesn't surprise me. Or bother me. I'm not here to be his friend first. I will always be his mom and a mom I will act like. I would give my life to protect him. It's amazing. I have so much love for someone I haven't even met! But how could I not love him? He's a part of me. 
So we have started painting his room! I am so excited! Grey and white stripes with a blue trim and there is going to be a palm tree!! Island theme is where I'm going with this. Why not? Ah! I am just too excited. I can't wait til it's all finished. 
We have started to buy some diapers. And boy. Those suckers are expensive! But I guess I got a good deal.. $30 for 216 diapers..that's good right? Either way we need diapers. Just the other day we got a bassinet and yesterday we got a crib. Our family is just being to kind to us. Grandma gave us the bassinet and our cousin gave us a crib. I am so thankful for all the help we are receiving. They are saving us a lot of money. 
Well...I'm sorry if I've bored you all to death. Talking about babies and such..But they truly are wonderful. Until next time!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear how excited you are to be a momma! It is such a fun time and it is so awesome to hear you so happy! Also, I love the name!

    ReplyDelete