Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Children Through the Oppressor

In other words: Bullies. That is one word that I absolutely HATE! I cannot stand anyone who thinks it's okay to be mean and cruel to other people. 
Now I will admit to my faults. I'm not perfect nor do I pretend to be. But I've been on both sides and either way it sucks. 
I can remember when I was a little girl I would come home from school in tears. I was often bullied because of my physical appearance, my name and because I was never the 'popular' kid. I mostly kept to myself or my small group of friends. 
Now I began to think that it was okay for me to do the same. To be mean to others because they were different than me. Because I guess it made me feel better. 
But no matter what, there are no excuses to ever treat someone like they don't matter. Everyone is special. Everyone matters. 
After elementary school and junior high I started gaining a better perspective of life. It hurts to know that some people are so down, that people treat them so badly that they commit suicide.
I mean come on! What has happened to society? What has happened to us?
The human race is full of follies and weaknesses but in the end we are all the same. 
We are not God, we are not invincible and we are not immortal. We are humans.
Anyone who thinks they are better then someone else needs a good long look in the mirror.
I don't care if you are rich, poor, middle class, black, white, brown, Asian, from the middle east, etc.
Doesn't matter where you come from or your background. We are all the same. Equal.
(Though still to this day, there are plenty of people who are not treated as equals.)
A quick little story. I nanny for three girls. Well one day I was picking them up from school and
one of them had come running to me crying. I had asked her what was wrong and she proceeded to tell me that she was sad because some boys had been picking on her. Calling her names and touching her. I asked her if she told her teacher. She said that she had and that the teacher had told her not to worry about it. 
Really? Don't worry about it?! Good to know that the children are with 'responsible' adults.
But anyways, I just couldn't believe it. The teacher did absolutely nothing. Now I know I am not their parent but I was upset. I gathered all the kids up and set out looking for her teacher. She was (luckily for her) gone. When the girls parents got home I had told them what had happened. And of course they were upset. Who wouldn't be? Calling people names and touching them in just down right wrong. Inappropriate. This teacher, absolutely disgusts me. I would go (and I'm sorry for the language) bat shit crazy if my children ever came home and told me their teacher had just dismissed something that NEEDS to be addressed. 
I feel like I am beginning to ramble here. But I'm guessing you all got the point of this message today. But to summarize it all up for you:
BULLYING IS WRONG AND NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.
There. That was all I was trying to say. Anyways I hope this makes you all think before you act out. Someone maybe going through their own personal hell at home. They don't need it anywhere else. 
Until next time all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment